Wednesday 10 June 2015

Scrap Vortex QAL

My WIP today is the very beginnings of a Scrap Vortex quilt.  I have decided to join Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts in her QAL - the second instalment was today, though I only started my first stage last night!  Behind already...  I have always loved her Scrap Vortex quilt but I would never have the nerve to jump in and tackle one on my own, as I have not done much in the way of improv piecing.  I am hoping that having Amanda Jean as mentor and guide every step of the way will really help.



Here is the bag of scraps I started with: I will try and remember to take a photo at the end and see how much I have used.  I am thinking that I may make a second scrap quilt alongside the Scrap Vortex - as I will be making a mess anyway, I may have a go at Scrapper's Delight from Sunday Morning Quilts, another one of Amanda Jean's great quilt designs.  Tune in next week to see if I have followed through on that aspiration.



Not terribly much to show so far, I know, but I am still recovering from Sunday's Gardens Open event.  We had a glorious day of sunshine, with nearly 200 people visiting our not very large garden in three hours!  Over £2,000 was raised for our small village school so it was worth all the hard work.  I can now sit back and enjoy the garden for the rest of the summer - and get on with some sewing instead of weeding.

Linking today to Lee at Freshly Pieced: WIP Wednesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment